Even if you are yet to venture into the world of eyeliners and other eye enhancing make-up products, if you wear make-up its highly likely that you own a tube of mascara or two. This wonder product that enhances, lengthens and adds volume to the lashes has been used by make-up wearers since the beginning of the 19th century and is definitely a staple in my make-up collection.
Although there are so many different types to choose from the market isn’t swamped and new mascaras still attract attention (and sales) from us.
I wear false lashes almost all of the time but still coat my lashes with mascara first because I love the volume that my mascara gives me. I’m currently using Rimmel Extreme Black Volume Mascara Flash, you can get one here.
I really like the volume this gives me and the wand really does coat every single lash, even my much shorter lashes. I also have some lashes that tend to grow in their own direction and the mascara seems to be able to tame these!
So here are my top tips for making the most of your mascara:
- If you wear lashes, I recommend wearing your mascara before wearing lashes. Wearing your lashes then wearing mascara reduces the length of time you can use your lashes for as you’ll need to clean the build up regularly
- If its length rather them volume the your after, check that your mascara wand doesn’t have to much mascara on it before application. Wipe the excess on the edge of the tube before applying
- For extra volume wiggle the mascara wand at the base of the lashes before stroking upwards
- I usually change my mascara roughly every 3 months for hygiene purposes
- If your mascara does dry out you can add a few drops of contact lens solution, same applies to liquid eyeliner too.
I hope these tips help you make the most of your mascara. Would love to hear what your favourite mascara is. Do you have one brand you’ve used for years or do you like to try whats new?
Have a good evening!