Hey everyone! It’s been a while and why not kick off my return with an easy haircare routine.
I’d like to point out that What I’m going to share with you has been based on trial and error and me studying my daughters hair pattern and how it reacts to different products. I hope you find it useful for your little girl/boys delicate tresses 🙂
– Firstly, I wash my daughters hair once a week. I do this because her curly hair locks in moisture very well and doesn’t get dirty that quickly. I wash her hair using Cantu Care for kids tear-free nourishing shampoo
– I then finish this off with Cantu Care for kids leave in conditioner. I use this rather sparingly and work it through the hair with my fingers, I don’t comb her hair at this stage. I then put a shower cap in her (if allowed lol) to let the leave-in really do it’s work
– I also have the Cantu Care for kids Conditioner, I use this after the shampoo every other week because for me I feel like it does a very similar job to the leave-in conditioner with the only difference being that I rinse out the conditioner. The consistency and smell seem identical to me but that could just be me.
– After leaving the shower cap on for 10 minutes or so, I remove and pat dry any excess leave-in and style her hair. I begin with the Cantu conditioning creamy hair lotion. This is the adult one so I use very little.
– I follow this with some Castor oil, I bought this one on amazon and it’s pretty good, with its nice thick consistency, you wouldn’t need much.
– Then finally I use Cantu Care for kids curling cream to define her curls. Again you don’t need to much of this but can always adjust quantity depending on the thickness and length of your child’s hair. I’m really impressed with this product, it leaves my daughters hair so shiny and the curls stay defined for most of the day.
– For creating styles that require hold like cornrows or putting the hair into bunches I use the Cantu Care for kids styling custard. I really like how it holds the hair and there is no residue what’s so ever, no bits in the hair, the hair doesn’t become hard, it’s still soft and nourished. This is my favourite product out of the range.
– For day to day care I do not use a comb on her hair, I tease out any knots with my fingers and run my hands through the hair gently, even if I’m putting it into bunches I don’t come it, I just tease it out with my fingers then gather it into a hold. For slicker styles I do use a very soft brush.
– I gently message the scalp concentrating on the hairline with castor oil to keep her scalp moisturised and promote growth, I do this daily.
– I was putting a silk headscarf on her head at night but that didn’t last long lool! May be when she’s a bit older. The cotton bedding really dries out the hair and saps the oil out, but will keep moisturising her hair daily to combat that.
I hope you’ve found this useful. If you have any questions please leave it in the comments or drop me an email 🙂
Thank you for reading xx